We are building quantum computers
IQM is a spin-out from Aalto University and VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland. The team’s pioneering work has already yielded breakthroughs in fundamental quantum computing hardware technologies. These innovations position IQM as an emerging hardware leader in the global effort to develop a large-scale quantum computing solutions for practical applications.
IQM has raised €11.5M of seed funding in July 2019.
IQM is now looking for a Business Controller to support our mission of expanding the frontier of scientific and technological progress.
What will I be doing?
- Owning and building our finance and accounting functions
- Supporting our future fundraising efforts
- Creating strategic financial plans and analyses
- Driving various business critical projects in addition to your immediate responsibility
- Participating in and coordinating the accounting work partly performed by external accountants
- Participating in monthly closings, preparation of financial statements and tax filings
- Creating internal reports to support decision-making
What skills do I need?
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a corporation, startup or Big 4 accounting company
- Ability to work in fast-paced work environment autonomously with minimal direction and willing to roll up your sleeves to do what needs to be done
- You are business-savy and can take responsibility outside your immediate expertise
- Great attention to detail
- Confident user of Excel and financial tools
- Strong communication skills in Finnish and English
Nice to have
- Experience working in a growing startup
- Hardware product experience
- Fundraising experience
What I can expect from IQM
- An important mission to work on with a passionate team
- The unique opportunity to have a serious impact on a growing organization combined with an extremely steep learning curve
- A competitive compensation package and plenty of room to progress alongside the company
- A variety of breakfast foods stocked in a kitchen
- Laptop, monitor and phone of your choice
- Transport, sports and lunch benefits
Please send your CV and Coverletter to [wpml_mailto email=”email@example.com”] firstname.lastname@example.org[/wpml_mailto]